words

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Infected


I know when I was infected with the disease. It was in my sleep when I was a very small child. My father came into my room and put this talisman over my bed. This was the last thing I saw before falling asleep and the first thing when I woke up.

The painting hung in my father’s room when he was a child. Today it hangs in my son’s bedroom.
These things can be tough to identify. But it sure looks like Shamrock V, the only remaining wooden J boat.

In hope that someone reading this can corroborate the ID, my grandfather received the painting as a gift from the widow of Marshall Sheppey, a tycoon from Toledo, Ohio who briefly owned the boat pictured and kept it in Miami. He hired Warren Sheppard to paint this portrait